There are a few essential pieces of furniture that every business needs: a good office chair to sit in, reception chairs for your guests to wait in, a table to meet at, and conference chairs to sit in during meetings. Whether you are working at a fortune 500 company or a small start up company, just about every business needs a good set of conference chairs to complete their meeting room. A conference room or a meeting room is a place where both employees and clients meet to discuss ideas and plans for your business, and sometimes these meetings can last for hours on end. Whether it is your employees or your clients that will be getting the most use out of your conference chairs, you want to make sure that they are comfortable while seated. Conference chairs also give you the opportunity to give your meeting room a professional appeal and the ability to express your company’s culture through design. Just as with any other piece of furniture, time and consideration should be given to which type of conference chair will be ideal for your business.
The first thing to keep in mind when purchasing a new set of conference chairs is the overall atmosphere of your business and your pre-existing furniture. Does your office already have a modern style to it or is it more traditional in appearance? It is important to fully understand the nature of your business as well, for example if you are a law office that is best known for its professionalism and traditionalism, you would not want to purchase a set of modern looking conference chairs for your meeting room. Instead you would probably want to opt for a chair with real leather and a wood trim to complete your traditional look. Be sure to match your entire office with a similar styling, if your furniture and style are mismatched this can come off as unprofessional and cheap. Furniture truly has the ability to shape the way your guests perceive your business so it is important for them to leave with a positive impression.
After determining the style you will want for your conference chairs, the next step is to select the type of material the chairs will be upholstered in. Leather is perhaps the most popular choice to go with and has the widest selection of styles to choose from. It is also a very durable choice, easy to clean, and gives off an aura of professionalism. The only downside to leather is that it is expensive; if you will be using your conference room infrequently it may be best to go for a leather alternative that is more affordable. Vinyl is another widely selected choice as it is generally a bit cheaper in price than its leather counterpart yet looks almost identical. For a more modern look, consider a mesh upholstery or a fabric with a unique pattern.
Once the style and upholstery has been determined, the next step is to decide how many chairs will be needed. This can vary greatly and typically is dependent upon how large your business is. Very large corporations may need up to 30 chairs to fit around their conference table while a small business may only need 5. If you are already have a set of conference chairs that you are looking to upgrade and have found that the number of chairs you have has been sufficient, use this as an indicator for how many new chairs you will need to purchase. If you are just setting up your conference room for the first time, be sure to consider how many people will generally be sitting in on meetings and how many clients may be participating as well. It is essential to also consider how large your conference table is to make sure you do not purchase more chairs than needed or that can fit around the table. You will want a little bit of space between each of the chairs to ensure your employees and guests do not feel crowded when sitting around the table.
The last step for selecting the perfect conference chairs for your office is deciding how adjustable you will want the chairs to be. Most conference chairs come with minimal adjustments, as they are typically intended for only being used a few hours at a time. One adjustment they will all have in common is seat height adjustment. If you will be using your conference chairs on a daily basis for a few hours at a time, it is recommended to get a chair with, at the very least, the ability to adjust the seat. You will also want to have to ability to recline back in the chair. When looking for a chair that features this type of adjustability, look for the features tilt tension and tilt lock control in the product description. If you will be using your conference chairs for more than a few hours a day, you will want to look for something that is more ergonomic and comes with more adjustability to meet the needs of the users who will be sitting in these chairs. Comfort is of the utmost importance when choosing a chair so be sure avoid chairs that have minimal or thin padding, unless they are upholstered in mesh.
When looking for a place to buy a set of conference chairs, consider shopping online. You can easily browse the internet at the convenience of your home or office without having to go through the hassle of driving to a furniture store which may not even carry what you are looking for. You will also be able to compare different models side by side to see which will look best in your meeting room. When ordering a larger quantity of chairs, you may also be eligible to receive a volume discount so be sure to speak with a sales representative before making the purchase. By shopping online, you also have the advantage of the chairs being delivered directly to your location and most of the time, free of charge.
To search SitBetter’s wide selection of conference chairs please click here!
At some point or another the search for new chairs for your office will ensue when your old chairs become torn and tattered. When it comes to searching for a new office chair, there are 3 criterion that most people and businesses search for: value, longevity, and price. Will the chair prove to be a worthwhile investment or will it fall apart after a year of use? How long can we expect this chair to last? Is the price too steep for our budget? These are common questions most furniture purchasers are faced with and can be easily answered with a little research into which office chairs will be the best choice for your business at the best price.
- Office Chairs: A good ergonomic office chair will typically fall within the price range of $250 to $1,000 depending upon how adjustable you want the chair to be. Having a chair with multiple adjustments is essential, particularly if you will be sharing the chair with other people, to ensure it fits to your body. A chair that is too big or too small for its user can lead to serious health issues including chronic back and neck pain. Owning a chair that fits the user correctly is especially crucial if you or your employees spend multiple consecutive hours a day sitting on an office chair. Most chairs within this price range, especially those on the higher end, will last 5 years or more dependent on how well you take care of the chair. Manufacturers of quality product will also warrant their chairs to last up to a lifetime, meaning if any part on your chair breaks, (mechanism, casters, adjustment levers, etc.) they will replace it free of cost up to the time specified in their warranty. A warranty usually says a lot about a manufacturer, so if you find one with a longer warranty this is a good guarantee that your chair investment will be worthwhile, as it shows the manufacturer is that confident with their product.
- Reception/Guest Chairs – Most reception and guest seating options are more affordable than an ergonomic office chair with the minimal need for adjustability. A good reception chair or guest chair may cost no more than $75, if you are searching for a sturdy chair that will fit the average person. Prices on reception chairs increase with more trendy designs and fabrics, however these chairs are not necessarily better. Keep in mind the client or customer that will be spending time in your guest chairs as most accommodate specific weight capacities of 250 lbs. or less. Specialty guest chairs that are more durable and constructed of stronger frames can be purchased to accommodate heavier users, but will be more expensive due to the high quality materials.
- Conference Chairs – Having a set of nice conference chairs is a key piece of furniture every office should acquire. Conference chair prices can vary from the low-end of around $100 to the high end-of up to $600. Conference chairs on the low-end of the price spectrum will have a basic look, last around 5 years, and will have a cheaper upholstery (vinyl, faux leather, etc.). Chairs with a higher price range will have a more modern appearance, more adjustments, a more expensive upholstery (leather), and will typically last a bit longer with their sturdier construction. Good conference chairs do not have to put a burden on your budget it really comes down to how nice you want the chairs to look, if guests will be sitting in your chairs or solely employees, if real leather upholstery is a staple in your purchasing decision, the level of adjustability, and how much time will be spent in these chairs on a regular basis.
Judging the value of an office chair usually can not be based on looks alone, sometimes it comes down to putting some research into your decision. It is first important to consider your business and what kind of furniture will fit in best with your pre-existing work environment or what you envision your new work environment to look like. Consider how much time will be spent in the chairs being sought after and how adjustable you will need the chairs to be to keep your employees comfortable. Do your research, if a chair has a one year warranty that means the manufacturer does not believe in their product enough to warrant it for longer than a year of use. Determine how long you want the chair to last, then look at how much you are willing to spend for those years of usage. A chair may appear to be very expensive and out of your price range, but consider all the costs associated with having to look for a new chair every few years to replace a cheaper chair. So are expensive chairs really worth the investment? Easily put, I would say yes.
To view our online catalog of over 1,000 different office chairs with varying price ranges click here!
Think back to that never ending meeting you had to sit through on Monday in your conference room, you know the one where you almost fell asleep five times? While falling asleep is typically not acceptable during meetings, neither should having to fidget around trying to get comfortable in the cheap budget conference chairs that were purchased for your meeting room. Almost every business, no matter the size, has some sort of conference room or a place where meetings take place. All conference rooms require two essentials, a table to meet at and office chairs to sit in. While in most cases, the chairs will only be used for a few hours at a time, you still will want to be sitting in chairs that are going to be supportive and comfortable during those few hours. If anything, you at least want your guests or clients to feel comfortable through the duration of your meetings. With so many different choices for conference chairs out there, it may seem difficult to even know where to begin looking, which is why it is important to keep several things in mind during your search.
- conference chairs is to determine how often yourself and others will be sitting in the chairs. If your employees and guests will only be sitting in the chairs for an hour or two at a time a few days a week you will probably be ok purchasing budget conference seating. These chairs are meant for sitting in only a few hours at a time, have a somewhat sturdy design, generally traditionally styled, and very wallet friendly. Although they are budget friendly, you still want to make sure they have built in lumbar support or at the very least, a contoured back to keep you comfortable even if you are only sitting for a few hours at a time. On the other hand, if you hold meetings regularly or have clients come in frequently you will want to opt for higher end conference chairs. Your conference chairs should be similar to your task chair you use at your desk, in that they will be fully adjustable to the person who is using the chair and keep them sitting comfortably through long meetings. How often will these chairs be used? The first step in finding new
- What does your pre-existing office furniture look like? If you are replacing your current conference chairs for a new set, it is important to determine the style of your pre-existing office furniture. Say you already have mahogany wood desks, mahogany wood reception chairs, and a mahogany conference table, you will probably want to stick with a mahogany theme and find a conference chair with a mahogany wood frame. If your office has a modern flare to it, stick with modern styled conference chairs, which can be easily found on just about any office furniture website. Some offices tend to stick to traditionally styled furniture to maintain a professional appearance. Traditional styled conference chairs are perhaps the easiest to find, and there are many different variations of them out there.
- big and tall employees, it is important to take their needs into consideration when making your purchase. You will want to take the maximum weight capacity the chair can hold into consideration as well as the depth dimensions of the seat to ensure all employees and guests will be able to use the chairs. Who will be sitting in these chairs? It is important to consider who will be sitting in your conference chairs in order to determine the type of conference seating needed. Keep in mind, whether it is your employees or your guests that will be using the chairs, that everyone comes in different shapes in sizes and not all conference chairs are designed to fit everyone. If only your employees will be using the chairs and most are generally the same height or size, it is probably safe to order just about any conference chair (taking the aforementioned into consideration). If you have petite sized or
- leather upholstery for their conference chairs as it gives the impression of class and prestige. Some people that work in states where the temperatures get pretty high may opt for mesh chairs to keep them cool all throughout the year. If you will be using your conference chairs often, make sure to get a high grade fabric or leather to ensure that the seat and back will not wear over time. Chairs that are used consistently and are upholstered with low grade fabric or leather tend to wear quicker. What kind of upholstery should you get? Another factor that needs to be taken into account when purchasing conference chairs is the upholstery of the chair. This is more of a personal preference as some people prefer different upholsteries over others, but also keep in mind you are purchasing these chairs for multiple people. Take a poll around the office to find out which kind of upholstery people prefer. There are many different upholstery options out there from leather to fabric to mesh to a combination of two. Many prefer the traditional
Still need help finding conference chairs? Call us toll free at 1-866-311-9421 to have one of our knowledgeable chair experts help you or visit our website for all your conferencing needs by clicking here.
Ever find yourself realizing you need something at the last minute? Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us including myself but sometimes if you realize it too late it is no longer possible to get. If this doesn’t apply to you, surely you’ve been
asked to meet an important deadline that seems almost impossible to meet. In the world of office chairs if you are given a strict deadline or need chairs delivered right away, it is almost impossible to make that happen. Some chairs are created from scratch and require long lead times to put together, while other manufacturers are just faced with too many orders to get them out in the same day let alone the same week.
Fear not though, because Sitbetter.com has recently added a whole category of diverse chairs (from big and tall chairs to reception chairs) that will ship the same day if ordered before 1 p.m. PST (that gives you East Coasters almost until the end of the work day to get your order in!). If you are faced with a big deadline or need your chairs right away, then look no further than Sitbetter for your same day shipping needs (while supplies last). The best part of all is these chairs are cheaper than normal because they are stocked in our warehouse in sunny San Diego, California so you are getting the best deal out there! Click here to check out our chairs that ship today!
Ships Today Ergonomic Chairs
Ergonomic Multi Function Mid Back Computer Chair
The Boss 2007 is a great value oriented mid back task chair with a variety of adjustments and an optional seat slider for maximum user comfort and fit!
Featuring a unique wing back design for shoulder comfort as well as a built in lumbar support, the backrest allows for comfortable computing at a great price. The B2007 also features a free float seat tilt with locking, allowing for the seat to lock throughout the tilt range. Additionally, the back angle adjustment allows the back to lock throughout the tilt range, and also is height adjustable. A lot of ergonomic adjustments for one low price of $139
Evolution Exercise Ball Chair
The original revolutionary, Evolution Exercise Ball Chair by Posture Perfect promotes a balanced posture – a vital role in your overall health!
Good posture and core strength are the best insurance against back injury – he Evolution Exercise Ball Chair embodies those principles. Either by simply sitting correctly, or by taking time to do simple exercises throughout the day, the Evolution Ball Chair has helped lower pain sufferers in all offices!
This ball chair really exercises your core while sitting at the same time! And it is on sale for $126 but for a limited time only!
Ships Today Executive Chairs
Quick Assembly High Back Leather Executive Chair
BOSS’ B8601 is beautifully upholstered with LeatherPlus. It features a Pneumatic gas lift seat height adjustment with tilt lock and tilt tension control. LeatherPlus is leather that is polyurethane infused for added softness and durability. Waterfall seat design eliminates leg fatigue, and the ergonomic back design with lumbar support provides continued daily comfort.
Assembly of this chair is quick, easy and takes no more than 3 minutes. The top simply snaps upright and the base is inserted in the cylinder then the chair! This is the easiest chair to assemble on the market – $159.
High Back Leatherplus Value Office Chair
BOSS’ (B8106) is beautifully upholstered in black LeatherPlus. Comes included with passive ergonomic seating with built in lumber support. Features upright locking position, pneumatic seat height adjustment, adjustable tilt tension control, large 27-inch nylon base for greater stability, and hooded double wheel casters.
Comes with a Six-Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty. Weight Capacity for this chair is 250 pounds.
As far as value is concerned, this chair is about as discounted as LeatherPlus chairs come at only $85! You will probably have to look far and wide to find a deal as good as this!
Ships Today Task Chairs
Mesh Office Chair with Adjustable Arms and Metal Frame
BOSS’ B6206 features a breathable mesh back and a black fabric seat with ample padding. The open mesh mid-back is designed to offer additional lumbar support.
Height adjustable arms accent the chair, while the locking tilt mechanism with tension control offer easy adjust-ability for the user. Pneumatic seat height adjustment, nylon reinforced 27-inch base and dual wheel casters round out this chair’s features.
For $89 this is a great little task chair to have around and the foam seat is really soft. The adjustable arms are great too if you need to fit the chair under a desk. Overall it is a great deal!
Deluxe Posture Petite Armless Task Chair
BOSS’ B315 is a site-wide best seller and for great reason! It has a comfortable thick padded seat and back with built-in lumbar support.
It also comes standard with a waterfall shaped seat that reduces stress to your legs. Back height and depth are fully adjustable. Features of the chair include a pneumatic seat height adjustment and 5 star nylon base which allows smooth movement and stability.
The ships today version is available in Black tweed fabric.
A good basic task chair that is definitely worth the price of only $55!
Ships Today Reception Chairs
Mid-Back Guest Chair with Mahogany Finish
BOSS’ B619 is perfect for lobbies or reception areas. This classic retro styling mid-back box arm chair has soft and durable molded polyurethane armrests and is upholstered with ultra soft and durable black caressoft leather. Rich mahogany wood finish legs complete the chair’s modern look.
The B619 is one of our most popular reception/guest chairs sold for its sturdy and classically styled design. The black caressoft and mahogany leather also complement almost all pre-existing office color schemes. For $99 a chair you can easily redecorate any reception mood for less!
Sled Frame Leather Office Guest Chair
BOSS’ B9529 is upholstered in black leather and comes standard with a thick steel frame with black scratch-resistant paint finish. Features thick, contoured seat and back cushions for added comfort and support. Moves smoothly over hard surface and plush carpeting alike. Curved arms easily clears front edges when pulled close to table.
Its style and true leather upholstery add comfort, class and a high end touch to any reception area, and fit well with any pre-existing furniture. At only $79 a chair, it is now easier than ever to make over your current reception room or lobby.
Ships Today Big and Tall Chair
Big and Tall Bariatric Chair with Caressoft Leather
BOSS’ (B990-CP) is a great value Big and Tall Office Chair upholstered in easy to clean, comfortable Caressoft Vinyl.
The B990-CP features a spring tilt mechanism that allows for recline, height adjustment and tilt lock as well as tilt tension adjustment. The arms are fixed with padded arm-caps for comfort. The chair also features a 5 inch thick seat cushion for long lasting support – the seat and back cushions are also contoured to improve posture. The back also features built in lumbar support.
Only $219, a great price for a well constructed chair!
Ships Today Conference Chair
Mid-Back Conference Chair in LeatherPlus
The B7306 mid-back conference chair is the perfect choice for any meeting or conference room. Beautifully upholstered with black leather plus material, the B7306 provides comfort at a great value.
Features executive mid-back styling with extra lumbar support and headrest pillow, an extra thick seat and back cushion, a pneumatic gas lift system that provides instant seat height adjustment, adjustable tilt tension to assure the right reclining tension, upright locking control, durable polypropylene armrests, and a large 27-inch nylon base for greater stability. For only $119, it is now easier than ever to get a new set of affordable conference chairs.
Ships Today Stacking Chairs
Diamond Square Back Stacking Chair with Arms
BOSS’ B9503 has a contemporary style upholstered with commercial grade black fabric. Features a waterfall seat to reduce stress on legs, painted tubular steel frames with tapered legs and molded arm caps. Stackable (up to 4 high) for space saving storage. The small footprint of this chair and stacking capability allow for maximum storage. A dolly is not available for this particular chair at this time.
Weight capacity is 250 lbs. As opposed to other stacking chairs, this one is sold in individual packs. At $59 per stacking chair, it is now more affordable than ever to get multiples.
Mesh Back Guest Stacking Chair
Boss’ B6906 contemporary style is ideal for reception rooms, visitor seating areas, or in an executive suite. The black mesh back and black fabric seat easily fit into any office environment.
The B6906 features a fluted steel frame in a black finish. The breathable mesh back and firm padded fabric seat provides a comfortable seating experience.
Stackable up to four units high for compact storage when necessary. Included waterfall seat to reduce stress on legs. Available at an affordable price of $59 which allows smaller budgets the opportunity to purchase multiples!
Ships Today Drafting Chairs
Armless Task Stool With Drafting Kit
B315-TU009A is an armless affordable drafting chair that can be raised up to 30″ high. The contoured back and seat are designed to help relieve back aches and pains. Just as comfortable and appealing as the shorter version equivalent of this chair the B315.
Features of this drafting stool include a pneumatic gas lift seat height adjustment, euro-style nylon base with heavy duty dual wheel casters, a strong 20-inch diameter chrome foot, and a six-year limited Manufacturer’s warranty. Please note: Chair and footring come in two separate boxes. On sale for the price of $99.
Mesh Task Stool With Drafting Kit and Adjustable Arms
BOSS’ B6206-TU009 features breathable mesh black fabric seat with ample padding. The open mesh mid-back is designed to offer lumbar support.
Height adjustable arms accent the chair, while the locking tilt mechanism with tension control offer easy adjust-ability for the user. Pneumatic seat height adjustment, nylon reinforced 27-inch base and dual wheel casters round out this chair’s features. Comes standard with a six-year limited Manufacturer’s Warranty. Weight capacity is 250lbs. Ships ready to assemble.
Note: Chair and Drafting Kit come in separate boxes. Only $109!
To see all the chairs that ship today click here!
After making a flickr account today, I got the idea to take mass amounts of pictures of my workplace so everyone could see how Sitbetter operates and where us Sitbetter employees work everyday. So enjoy this short little picture tour I created and get to know us a little bit better!