You have no items in your shopping cart.
You already have an ergonomic set up at your work office where you spend the majority of your time, so do you really need to have your home office ergonomically equipped too? Most would probably speculate no, especially for those that spend little time in their home office except for the occasional few hours after work or on the weekend. Outfitting your home office with proper ergonomic equipment is just as important as your work set up at your job, particularly for those who work from home. When you are at work, you may have little say in regards to which office chair you get to use and what office furniture gets purchased. However, at your house, you are the boss of your office furniture, and therefor get the freedom to determine exactly what you want and need in your home office. With this freedom, you can ultimately decide what you want and need in order to make working at home a pleasant and pain-free experience.
- ergonomic office chair that is fully adjustable to meet your body's needs and keep you sitting pain-free. The Office Chair - Perhaps the most critical piece of office furniture in any work environment is an office chair; the most used piece of furniture that can greatly contribute to your overall comfort. If you only use your home office chair for a few hours a day, you will want to make sure that your chair is comfortable and has at least a little bit of adjustability. Ideally you will want a chair that has seat height adjustment, reclining capabilities(typically known as tilt lock and tilt control), and some level of lumbar support for your lower back. If you work from home or use your home office chair for more than a few hours a day, you will want an
- keyboard tray is a beneficial ergonomic accessory useful in any office environment where hours of typing at a desk is required, whether you are at work or at home. The Keyboard - Ever experience aches and pains in your wrists or forearms while typing? This is the result of a poorly positioned keyboard and can lead to serious health injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome if not addressed. Your computer's keyboard should not be placed on top of your desk as this will cause strain to your wrists. It is best to have a keyboard tray installed underneath your desk as this allows for the most natural typing position with your shoulders rested and arms in a comfortable position. A
- monitor arm which allows for quick and easy adjustment. Most monitor arms are designed to fit any monitor of any size and come with an easy to install clamp or mount that does not cause any damage to your desk. If you use a laptop in your home office, consider purchasing a laptop dock to avoid neck pain from tilting your head down to read your computer screen. The Computer Monitor - Your computer monitor should be properly adjusted so that the top of the monitor is at eye level or slightly below. You should not have to look up at the monitor because this will put strain on your neck and upper back. An easy way to properly position your computer monitor with minimal effort is with a
- footrest is a necessary addition for any office where your feet can not be firmly placed on the floor when sitting in your office chair. This may be the case if your desk height is higher than normal or if you are a shorter individual whose chair can not be adjusted low enough. A footrest is also a nice office accessory to have if you want to rest your feet or have something to prop them up on when reclining in your chair. While you may not find a footrest in every office you enter, it is a nice addition to have if you need a break from keeping your feet flat on the floor, especially if you have a movable footrest that encourages movement of the legs to help avoid cramping or stiffness. The Footrest - A
- task light should be placed on your desk close to your computer monitor so that you have proper lighting when looking at your computer screen. Task lights are a relatively inexpensive investment and are an important accessory to have in home offices where the lighting usually is not as adequate as it should be. Task Light - More often than not, the lights in our houses are not adequate for reading especially for long periods of time. Bad lighting can cause eye strain and an uncomfortable work atmosphere. Just as you would have a reading light for your books, a task light is a great office accessory to invest in when working at home. Your
Setting up an ergonomic home office requires minimal effort and time, however it can sometimes be more of an investment than one would hope for. The benefits you will receive from having an ergonomic home office will greatly outweigh the costs by saving you from unnecessary medical ailments that can occur from purchasing cheap office furniture or trying to cut corners in order to save money. Your overall health can be affected from having an improper work set up and can lead to serious medical issues down the road. Your home is where you feel most comfortably so your home office should not be any different.
To view Sitbetter's comprehensive site of ergonomic office chairs and ergonomic office accessories please click here.
Office seating is the most important piece of furniture in any business. This is where our guests sit while waiting to be seen, where our employees sit while working throughout the day, where our clients sit for a crucial meeting, and where we sit for hours on end. For most of us, our office is our second home and the place where we spend the majority of our day. Just as people go to great lengths to make their houses presentable with visually pleasing furniture, the office should not be any different and perhaps even more important as you most likely receive more guests to your business than your home. A quick and easy remedy to ensure your office is just as presentable as your house is to purchase modern office chairs, making your office a contemporary and memorable place to visit.
While making the switch to modern furniture may seem questionable for your business, consider that with time comes change and modern furniture is paving the way for the future of interior design in businesses all across the world. Not only is modern furniture trendy it is also sleek, clean, and simple, a far stretch from old traditional office furniture. Traditional furniture also tends to make offices look older, less inviting, and dull whereas modern furniture can make an office seem more fun, lively, and welcoming.
Modern chair design has evolved to consume less space, making your office appear much simpler while allowing for more free space. Quality chair construction is a primary concern for purchasers but should not be a worry when considering modern furniture. The materials used to manufacture modern office chairs are durable consisting of mostly steel, glass, and wood components and have a lightweight design compared to traditional office chairs. Along with superior construction you are also given the freedom of creativity with most modern office chairs having the ability to mix and match colors/fabrics and choose from an eclectic mix of chair designs.
Most purchasing managers want consistency in their office furniture which is actually a benefit to choosing modern furniture. With traditional furniture, this can sometimes become a problem when you purchase a mahogany wood desk yet can not seem to find a mahogany wood chair to match the exact hue. With modern office chairs, most manufacturers take uniformity into consideration and produce matching sets of furniture to meet all seating needs. Modern conference chairs, guest/reception chairs, and office task chairs are all built with the same chair design only difference being the chair's base and functionality depending on which seating application the chair will be used in. This takes a lot of time and pressure off the individual in charge of purchasing as they can essentially outfit their whole office with matching chairs suitable for all seating applications.
When bringing in clients, interviewing prospective employees, entertaining customers, and housing your own employees it is of the utmost importance to project a positive impression of your business. Creative office decor can not only leave a favorable but lasting impression on all who enter your workspace and can even be encouraging and uplifting for your current employees that spend much of their time in the office. For clients and customers that have the option to choose between different competitors, having a sleek and clean workplace may be the one extra competitive advantage that wins over their business.
If you are ready to take transform your office into a more stylish and welcoming environment, start by taking a look at our line of modern office chairs. Click here to find a huge selection of modern task chairs, conference chairs, guest chairs, and reception chairs.