The time has come to purchase a new office chair for your home or business, and like most people you are not sure where to start looking. There is always the option to visit your local Staples or Office Depot for a quick fix, however being the informed consumer that you are, you already know that their chairs break after a short period of time which allows for their products to be priced cheaper. Another option would be to visit an office furniture dealership or showroom in your area, but that requires effort to drive out to view the chairs and also requires scheduling your time to visit during their hours of operation. The best and easiest solution for most individuals is to sit in the comfort of their own home and office and search for a new chair online in their free time. While trying to find the perfect office chair online may appear to be an overwhelming experience, it is actually a much simpler process than going out of your way to find one at a store.
The first step to purchasing an office chair online is to do some research on the company that you may possibly be purchasing your chair from to ensure they are in fact a real company and not a scam. A toll-free telephone number should be displayed prominently on the home page and every other page of the website; companies that want to provide good customer service want their customers to call them and encourage them to call to ease any hesitations. A physical address for the company placed on the homepage is another good indication that the company is legitimate and not just an operation running out of a home. Another great way to tell if a website is worth purchasing from is looking for evidence that customers have bought from the website in the past. The easiest way to find out this information is to search for product reviews left by past customers. Keep in mind not every product will have a review, so you may need to venture further into the site by clicking on a category page that allows you to see a list of chairs. From there, the reviews should have an eye-catching design easy for anyone to see.
Once you have determined the website is genuine, the next step is to take a look at the company’s return policy to ensure you will want to agree to the terms. It would be a waste of your time to have to wait until after you have selected your chair to learn that the return policy is not something you would not be comfortable agreeing to. An office chair is an investment and can take a bit of time to get properly adjusted to meet your needs, so make sure that the company’s return policy allows you at least thirty days to try out the chair. Some companies allow for even longer periods of time to try their chairs out, ranging from 60-90 days which is beneficial for a customer who may need a little extra time determining if the chair is a good fit for them. Almost always there will be some sort of restocking fee in place to return the chair to cover the money spent returning the chair back to the company as well as restocking chairs imposed by office chair manufacturers that will now have to sell the chair as used. This is completely normal and should be expected as long as the amount isn’t a ridiculous figure such as half of your purchase. Be careful to read the entire return policy as some companies will charge additional fees such as paying for return shipment back to the company on top of the restocking fee.
After reviewing the return policy and having a full understanding of how to return the chair if needed, the next step would be selecting the chair of your choice. Most people have already predetermined what they need in a chair after sitting in a few over the years and know what adjustments are necessary to keep them sitting comfortably throughout the day. For example, if someone experiences lower back pain, they will already know they need a chair that offers excellent lumbar support as well as some level of adjustability in the back rest such as back height adjustment and/or back angle adjustment to properly position the amount of lumbar support needed.
If you are on the opposite end of the spectrum and are unsure of exactly what you want and need in an office chair the best place to start is by consulting a chair expert. Most online office chair companies have friendly customer service representatives on hand ready to answer questions of this nature and are well versed in the product they are trying to sell. It is best to consult an expert on the matter than to go in blindly guessing at what you need, which leads to a greater probability of having to return the product and lose some of your money in the process. Before calling simply figure out how long you spend sitting in a chair on a daily basis, if you experience any pain from sitting in your current office chair, and what you will be using the chair for(in a conference room, as a work chair, as a reception chair, etc.) because your representative is more than likely to ask these questions.
Purchasing an office chair online is an easy and quick process that may require a little extra research just as most products that you spend a great majority of time using usually do. You can shop at your leisure and on your time schedule, making it much more convenient than visiting a furniture showroom or local office supply store. Most chairs that are not custom-made to order can also ship out relatively quickly and arrived delivered to your doorstep within a week or two of placing your order, depending on your location. You will also receive unsurpassed customer service and an account representative that will be there to attend to any issues or concerns even after the purchase is made. Online purchases also allow for quicker and faster communication with features such as live chat now available on many websites, getting in touch with a customer service representative is easier than ever and does not even require having to pick up the phone.
Sitbetter.com prides itself in providing excellent customer service to both businesses and home customers alike and will always take the time and effort to find you the right chair for your needs. To view our expansive online catalog of office chairs please click here or call 1-866-311-9421 to have an office seating specialist assist you in making your purchase.
At some point or another the search for new chairs for your office will ensue when your old chairs become torn and tattered. When it comes to searching for a new office chair, there are 3 criterion that most people and businesses search for: value, longevity, and price. Will the chair prove to be a worthwhile investment or will it fall apart after a year of use? How long can we expect this chair to last? Is the price too steep for our budget? These are common questions most furniture purchasers are faced with and can be easily answered with a little research into which office chairs will be the best choice for your business at the best price.
- Office Chairs: A good ergonomic office chair will typically fall within the price range of $250 to $1,000 depending upon how adjustable you want the chair to be. Having a chair with multiple adjustments is essential, particularly if you will be sharing the chair with other people, to ensure it fits to your body. A chair that is too big or too small for its user can lead to serious health issues including chronic back and neck pain. Owning a chair that fits the user correctly is especially crucial if you or your employees spend multiple consecutive hours a day sitting on an office chair. Most chairs within this price range, especially those on the higher end, will last 5 years or more dependent on how well you take care of the chair. Manufacturers of quality product will also warrant their chairs to last up to a lifetime, meaning if any part on your chair breaks, (mechanism, casters, adjustment levers, etc.) they will replace it free of cost up to the time specified in their warranty. A warranty usually says a lot about a manufacturer, so if you find one with a longer warranty this is a good guarantee that your chair investment will be worthwhile, as it shows the manufacturer is that confident with their product.
- Reception/Guest Chairs – Most reception and guest seating options are more affordable than an ergonomic office chair with the minimal need for adjustability. A good reception chair or guest chair may cost no more than $75, if you are searching for a sturdy chair that will fit the average person. Prices on reception chairs increase with more trendy designs and fabrics, however these chairs are not necessarily better. Keep in mind the client or customer that will be spending time in your guest chairs as most accommodate specific weight capacities of 250 lbs. or less. Specialty guest chairs that are more durable and constructed of stronger frames can be purchased to accommodate heavier users, but will be more expensive due to the high quality materials.
- Conference Chairs – Having a set of nice conference chairs is a key piece of furniture every office should acquire. Conference chair prices can vary from the low-end of around $100 to the high end-of up to $600. Conference chairs on the low-end of the price spectrum will have a basic look, last around 5 years, and will have a cheaper upholstery (vinyl, faux leather, etc.). Chairs with a higher price range will have a more modern appearance, more adjustments, a more expensive upholstery (leather), and will typically last a bit longer with their sturdier construction. Good conference chairs do not have to put a burden on your budget it really comes down to how nice you want the chairs to look, if guests will be sitting in your chairs or solely employees, if real leather upholstery is a staple in your purchasing decision, the level of adjustability, and how much time will be spent in these chairs on a regular basis.
Judging the value of an office chair usually can not be based on looks alone, sometimes it comes down to putting some research into your decision. It is first important to consider your business and what kind of furniture will fit in best with your pre-existing work environment or what you envision your new work environment to look like. Consider how much time will be spent in the chairs being sought after and how adjustable you will need the chairs to be to keep your employees comfortable. Do your research, if a chair has a one year warranty that means the manufacturer does not believe in their product enough to warrant it for longer than a year of use. Determine how long you want the chair to last, then look at how much you are willing to spend for those years of usage. A chair may appear to be very expensive and out of your price range, but consider all the costs associated with having to look for a new chair every few years to replace a cheaper chair. So are expensive chairs really worth the investment? Easily put, I would say yes.
To view our online catalog of over 1,000 different office chairs with varying price ranges click here!
Sitting in an office chair is pretty much inevitable for most of us that spend the majority of our days sitting and working in front of the computer. Most office chairs get put to good use, with some spending hours of overtime regularly as well as more time sitting in a chair than sleeping in a bed at night. If you are anything like me, you do not take time to consider just how much use you get out of your office chair, especially if you are sitting 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Those countless hours of use can add up and eventually wear down your chair. For most, this will happen sooner than expected especially if your chair is not properly taken care of. Cleaning and maintaining your office chair are key components to prolonging the life of your chair but it takes more than just a wipe down with a rag to keep your chair looking new. If you want to extend your office chair’s life, save your money and the hassle of having to continuously purchase new chairs there are certain necessary steps to take to get more out of your chair.
- Purchase a Chair That is Built to Last – The easiest way to ensure that a chair will be designed to withstand years of use is to purchase a chair that is built to last. This is simple, if you are looking for a bargain chair at your nearest Staples or Office Depot, perhaps you will get a great price but in turn you will also be receiving a chair that is made of bargain components. In other words, it will not last you as long as you might expect and you will most likely need to purchase another new chair a year or two down the line. It actually makes more sense in the long run to spend more on a chair that will last ten years then to have to continuously purchase new chairs every year, and is less of a hassle.
- Look at the Manufacturer Warranty – Almost every office chair comes with a manufacturer warranty, and if they do not it is probably not worth your investment. It is crucial to read each manufacturer’s warranty to determine if the chair of interest will be a worthwhile purchase. Find out what parts are warranted and for how long each component of the chair is warranted for. You can tell a lot by a manufacturer’s warranty; if their parts are warranted for 10 years or have a lifetime warranty, this shows they are that confident in their product and construction of their chair that they are willing to take the risk of extending the warranty for multiple years. Remember when a part breaks on your office chair, that comes out of the manufacturer’s funds to have to replace it which is why some warranties are very limited. It is important to keep in mind that all manufacturer’s will warrant their seat fabrics for less time than their components, which is standard with everyone because this is the first part of all chairs to fade with time due to how often it gets rubbed/used. If you want to make certain that the fabric on your chair will not fade over time, try looking for a chair that has a higher grade fabric as an optionor opt for a vinyl/leather chair that tolerate a bit more use and abuse than fabric chairs.
- Clean Your Chair Regularly – Spills and stains are bound to happen as well as unpleasant order, which is why it is important to be proactive in cleaning your office chair regularly. A good upholstery cleaner will do the trick and keep your chair looking new for years. Keep your upholstery cleaner and a clean rag in a convenient location in case a spill happens. As soon as something is spilled, quickly use your upholstery cleaner blotting the stain with a clean rag before the stain has time to spread and set in the fabric. It is also possible to make your own fabric cleaner with warm water and a little detergent. Be careful to clean gently in order to avoid ruining or damaging the fabric. If you are accident prone, there is also the option to opt for a vinyl or leather office chair which would be much simpler to clean.
- Inspect the Chair Every 6 Months – Just like any other piece of machinery that gets used often, screws and bolts can become loose as time progresses. In order to avoid accidents, such as a chair collapsing or a part giving out, you should inspect your chair at least once every 6 months to make sure all parts and components of the chair are tightened. Look for defective casters/wheels, loose securing bolts, loose arms, broken mechanism, and evidence of cracks on the base of the chair from stress. If any of these parts are broken, contact your furniture dealer to see if these parts are under warranty. As aforementioned, if your chair has a good warranty, you should be able to get these replacement parts shipped to you for free.
- Do Not Lean Too Far Forward or Too Far Back – Be wary to not lean too far back in your chair so that the wheels or legs lift up from the floor. Leaning too far back can cause the chair to give from under you and cause structural damage, or loosen key components that can cause the chair to break or fall apart. Not only that, but you can hurt yourself as well! On the contrary, you also need to make sure not to lean too far forward by putting all your weight on the front of your chair. The chair can tip over leading to your chair getting damaged or even worse you getting hurt by falling onto your desk.
- Determine the Weight Rating – Standard office chairs are designed to hold up to 250 pounds. With the exception of specialty big and tall office chairs, with some that can hold up to 550 pounds, most office chairs you will find online can only hold a maximum weight of 250 pounds. If your weight requires a specialty chair, it is best to pay the extra money to get one otherwise your chair will not be under warranty and will exponentially increase the chances of it breaking much quicker. Big and tall office chairs are constructed with heavy-duty components, sometimes this even includes and all indestructible steel frame, and are specifically designed for tough environments. Every good office chair website will have a place on their product pages that explains the maximum capacity for each chair and if you are unable to find that information do not be afraid to ask.
To view Sitbetter’s extensive catalog of high quality office chairs, with the best warranties and construction around please click here!
In almost any kind of work environment there is one piece of office furniture that prevails over any other piece of furniture and that is the office chair. This is perhaps the most important piece of furniture your office will own, as it is what you will be spending the majority of your day sitting in. With that being said, it is of the utmost importance that what you are sitting in keeps you comfortable throughout the day to ensure productivity. There are a wide variety of office chairs out there to choose from, and each has different functions as well as different designs. Some feature a more modern design, are meant for short periods of sitting, and are more for looks than for comfort. Others sole purpose is to provide maximum comfort for a variety of different users that may be spending the majority of their day sitting in the chair. These chairs are known as 24 7 office chairs and are designed much differently than your typical office chair.
24/7 office chairs are designed for intensive use and heavy tasking purposes, and are engineered to support this kind of work force. Most come standard with a sturdy steel frame construction that is meant to be indestructible and stand up to 24 hour usage 7 days a week. All 24 hour chairs have been tested to meet strict requirements that allow them to be classified as such. Most 24 hour office chairs also have a high weight rating, meaning they can support weights up to 550 pounds while still being comfortable enough for a person who is 100 pounds to sit in.
24 hour chairs are not your typical home office chair and may not be suitable for some businesses. Their sole purpose is to provide comfort and support for multi-shifting job applications such as dispatch or call centers. 24/7 chairs are also designed to fit a wide range of users from all different shapes and sizes. As aforementioned, 24 hour office chairs will fit your smallest employee to your biggest with their sturdy construction and weight requirements. They also come with a plethora of adjustments, so that when one persons shift ends and another begins, they may easily adjust the chair to meet their specific needs. With ergonomics playing a vital role in the engineering process of the chair design, most 24/7 chairs come with a seat slider to adjust the depth of the chair, a back height adjustment to accommodate both taller and shorter users, seat height adjustment to ensure feet are firmly placed on the floor, a back angle adjustment to lean your chair back for stretching or comfort purposes, as well as height adjustable arm rests.
While 24 hour office chairs are designed mostly for jobs that require long hours of sitting with multiple people using the same chair, don’t discredit them for use in your business or home office. For one, they are quite possibly more ergonomically correct than any other office chair out there, simply because they have to be in order to fit a wide variety of users. Also, if you have difficulty finding a chair that fits you properly because you are a taller, shorter, or bigger individual, 24/7 chairs will come with all the adjustments necessary for a custom tailored seating experience.
To find high quality 24/7 office chairs at the best prices at Sitbetter.com, browse our expanding collection by clicking here!
Think back to when you got your first desk job. What were you sitting in while you were working? Most likely, your response is an office chair, and this is probably true for about 99% of the United States population. Think of what you are currently sitting in now at your work. My guess is your answer has not changed and you are still sitting in a standard office chair. The same probably holds true for your home office as well. While most of us are still sitting in a traditional office chair, a few have begun to make the switch to kneeling chairs, a revolutionary way of sitting that is making its way into more homes and offices all across the country.
Many are unfamiliar with how to use a kneeling chair and how it can be beneficial to your health. Kneeling chairs were designed upon the ergonomic concept that “a strong back is a healthy back.” While only recently have kneeling chairs become more recognized in the business world, they were actually first designed in Northern Europe during the 1970′s and are recommended by health professionals around the world. By promoting good posture, these chairs strengthen the lower back muscles helping proper spinal alignment while keeping your back positioned correctly. Kneeling chairs are an alternative form of sitting, that can be used interchangeably with your current office chair if you are looking to give your back some relief. When sitting in a kneeling chair, you will find that you are essentially forced to sit with correct posture and will notice when you begin to slump or hunch over, a bad habit that is easy to miss in a typical office chair.
The first time you use a kneeling chair it may feel uncomfortable and awkward which is only natural after years of sitting in a conventional office chair. Your body will need time to adapt to its new seating experience because your muscles and bones will be accustomed to sitting in one particular position. With this being said, it is perfectly normal to feel awkward when first trying out your kneeling chair and you may even experience some stiffness. It is recommended to start off using your new kneeling chair for thirty minutes the first day, then work your way up in increments of 30 minutes each day the first few weeks until you can comfortably sit in it for eight hours a day. Once you get used to the seating position of a kneeling chair and the many benefits it offers to you, it will become effortless and seem completely natural.
There are various kneeling chair models out there, some come with back rests while others allow for a rocking motion, but all encourage sitting with an open posture. In a conventional office chair you are typically sitting at a 90° or less, however an ergonomic kneeling chair encourages you to sit at a 110° angle. The benefit of sitting in an open angled position is this allows your back to readily form to your natural curvature and relieve compression of your spine and its discs as well as tension in your lower back and leg muscles. Another benefit of adopting the kneeling seating position is that it allows your diaphragm to move efficiently and promote better breathing and blood circulation
It is important not to let the name kneeling chair fool you. You do not want to have most of your pressure on your knees and shins as this will only lead to health problems and soreness. Your bottom should be carrying most of the weight, as it would on an office chair; the knee pads are only there for support for your shins. It is best to begin by sitting on your kneeling chair’s seat pad, followed by sliding your knees into the knee pads forming a kneeling position. It is a good idea to keep your original office chair to begin with when first getting a knee chair to alternate between the two as you get used to your new seating experience. Some people like to continue alternating between the two even after awhile, which is completely normal. Ultimately, it is up to the individual whether they believe a kneeling chair would work for them, but it can not hurt to try especially if you are looking for a way to relieve some back pain or you just want to try a different way of sitting.
If you are interested in kneeling chairs, visit SitBetter.com for all the latest and most ergonomic kneeling chair options.