Do you ever find yourself falling asleep at your desk while working even though you got a good full night of rest? Do you find yourself switching positions often while sitting on your office chair, trying to find one that will make you comfortable and productive throughout the day? Ever find yourself coming home from work with nagging back or neck pain that is only relieved while you sleep or during the weekends when you are away from work? While all these issues may not seem to have one simple solution, in this case they do. Most of the time the best way to effectively solve all of these problems, is simply by purchasing an ergonomic office chair that will be tailored to meet your needs and requirements. Some may feel skeptical thinking this is too good to be true, however, many who have experienced the same aforementioned symptoms have gotten quick relief just by getting a new ergonomic chair for their office. If you are sitting in a $30 Ikea chair with no adjustability and are finding yourself experiencing unnecessary pain, consider the following reasons why you should own an ergonomic office chair.
1. Proper Circulation: More often than not, people who sit in chairs that are not ergonomically correct find themselves shifting positions frequently trying to find the most comfortable way to sit. With any ergonomic chair, you will be able to adjust the height of your chair so that your feet are laying flat on the floor with knees bent at a 90 degree angle. With proper position, you will allow blood to flow properly through the body thus avoiding fatigue. Sitting correctly gets rid of the tired feeling many experience around 2:00 p.m. even with a full nights sleep the night before.
2. Pain Relief: Ergonomic chairs are designed to meet the needs of the user rather than the user meeting the needs of the chair. A good ergonomic chair also offers support where needed, many come with the option to upgrade to only the features that you specifically might need. For example, if you have a chronic neck pain issue as well as lower back pain, you will want to search for a chair that has a headrest option as well as a chair that offers adequate lumbar support. Ergonomic chairs already come standard with mechanisms and adjustments that all users will need, with the option to upgrade for features not everyone may need which is great because it can save you money over getting a feature that is unnecessary to you.
3. Support: The main components of ergonomic chairs, namely the back and seat, are always designed to provide the user with maximum support. They are designed to fit the unique curves of the body as well as provide extra support for the back, spine, and legs. An S-shaped curve can be found on most ergonomic chairs, as this is the natural shape of the spine and provides needed support. A waterfall seat can also be found on an ergonomic chair, as this helps reduce the amount of pressure on the back of the knees.
4. Concentration: Having a chair that keeps you comfortable throughout the day will in turn lead to increased concentration. When you feel uncomfortable with your sitting situation, you may often find yourself fidgeting and not fully paying attention to the current task at hand. With a chair that provides maximum comfort, you will find that both you and/or your employees will become much more productive throughout the day.
5. Comfort: The best part of having an ergonomic chair is the comfort factor. Ergonomic office chairs are designed to provide the user with the upmost comfort and sometimes offer upgrades such as memory foam seats or gel seats for additional comfort. They also sculpt to fit your body, keeping you comfortable from the time you sit down to the time you stand up to take a break.
With so many benefits for both your body and health, it is difficult to think of any reason not to own an ergonomic chair.